Organizing your garage with a good spring cleaning!
Spring is the time of year when we pull out the couches, clean behind the refrigerator, donate old clothes, and sort through long ignored boxes and clutter in our home. While you clean and de-clutter your home, don’t fall into the trap of hiding your unwanted belongs in the garage! Your garage deserves a Spring Cleaning too!
HELPFUL TIPS FOR ORGANIZING YOUR GARAGE
- A good cabinet and shelving system is key. Your Christmas and Halloween decorations that only come out once per year can be stored on the higher shelves and out of the way of your more frequently used items. Heavy items should be stored on lower shelves. Your tools and and daily use items should be stored at eye level so you can quickly find what you need. Our line of garage cabinets are custom built and designed to meet these storage needs. You can choose a variety of shelves, drawers, and work benches so the things you need most are at hand… and the things you don’t are out of sight!
- Get creative with your storage! Label your boxes and bins and keep seasonal items together, such as gardening tools. You can keeps these tucked out of the way all winter, and move them to a more handy location when they are needed.
- Don’t be afraid to throw things away. Go through those old boxes and if you haven’t used it or even thought about it in 3 years, its time for it to go. Make room for those truly special keepsakes and get rid of that extra tile or lumber that you’re never going to use (even though you keep telling yourself you might!)
- Get things off the floor. Slat walls are a great way to utilize your wall space and you can get a variety of hooks to hang things like shovels, brooms, saws, even a wheelbarrow! There is also a variety of ways to hang your bicycles on the wall. Global Garage can install slat walls and bike hooks exactly where you want them and we provide a handy starter set of hooks.
- Protect the floor! Now that everything is off the garage floor, protect it and keep it looking beautiful for years. Global Garage uses only the best polyaspartic concrete coatings and we can install them in ONE day. A polyaspartic coating will protect your concrete from staining and spalling caused by chemicals, it makes the floor easy to clean, and adds color and style to your now clean garage!
The garage is no longer just a place to store your car. The garage can be a focal point of your home! Lets us help you design the storage spaces you need and make your garage a beautiful extension of your home. Give your garage a GLOBAL makeover by organizing your garage this spring!
Call Global Garage today at 303-435-6649 for your free consultation.